My goal is to blog once a month; my hope is to blog once a week. My promise is to blog more than once this year.
I attended the North Carolina School Library Media Association's conference for the first time this past weekend. The theme this year was "Leading From the Library."
David Lankes from Syracuse University opened with a keynote address about transforming libraries and pointed out that transformation happens one step at a time, making the idea much less scary for those of us who do not consider ourselves natural innovators.
There were several sessions on e-books, which I hope to bring into the library. One director of media services mentioned the advantages of students having the ability to check out books from the school library catalog on their e-readers during the summer, a very exciting idea as far as boosting summer reading.
I learned about some great online resources that I could both use for myself and share with staff members, including Teaching and Learning Connected, LearnNC, and Edmodo for social networking and collaboration .
It was a fun and educational experience and I look forward to next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment